View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
There are many games who had 2nd trilogies. Ultima had a 2nd trilogy... consisting of Ultima IV, V and VI. Halo 1st trilogy ended. The expansion is not a sequel so it is still part of the trilogy.

According to your logic PlayStation and XBox are ripoffs of early Nintendo consoles because they play games.

When they mention Nintendo, it doesn't mean they based on it... these kind of gaming wasn't an idea of Nintendo nor Sony. Controller free gaming has been an idea years before they did something but we lacked technology. Just because Nintendo or sony started it first, it means nothing. The only idea of Nintendo is that they used a controller. Microsoft is not using it at all. Does not seem as a ripoff to me at all. It's like saying Blu-Ray is a ripoff of DVD o.O

And about EyeToy, it wasn't a new technology either, they just started using movement sensing for gaming too. So you can't say 'face recognition isn't a new technology and call MS's idea as a ripoff'. Project Nolan uses many cameras. Yes EyeToy had face recognition, which wasn't a new technology either, but it didn't use it like Project Nolan's innovative way.

It is quite original. Seems people these days call a ripoff of something anything that comes before a previous product which had little similarities but was an inferior product. A ripoff is supposed to be inferior, not better.
A trilogy means 3 THINGS. No extras, no expansions, nothing. You can list as many examples as you want, but if it's not 3, it ain't a trilogy.

Rip-off means copying recent ideas. It has nothing to do with being inferior or better, so that is irrelevent. I think they've copied recent ideas - you don't. Fair enough, that is subjective. 'Avatars' were a rip off of 'Miis' but Avatars aren't inferior.

It's not 'using my logic' because you can't apply that whole opinion to everything in the world, that is why my point is specific to gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
According to your logic PlayStation and XBox are ripoffs of early Nintendo consoles because they play games.
Now that's just silly. That is not according to MY LOGIC that's according to what you are wrongly assuming my logic is. That's a totally different situation, that's why my point is specific and not a broad generalisation of 'my logic.'

You are saying that by making one point, about one instance, my opinion can be applied to everything all across the board. That's assuming things, and you know what the say about assuming.