View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sean420 (Offline)
New to JF

06-12-2009, 04:25 PM

Sangetsu, I am completely aware of the harsh drug laws and would not bother trying to obtain marijuana if I was in Japan. There are no physically addictive properties to marijuana, so quitting for any period of time won't be a problem (it hasn't been in the past).

Marijuana is illegal in most countries on this planet and being a frequent smoker those are risks that must be accepted. Fortunately I live in Canada so these aren't real issues for me, there is no charge against possession of small amounts. But should I take a trip to Japan, as I said above, I would definitely not be involved with something so illegal.

Anyways, thank you everybody for the replies. This hasn't changed whether I'm going to Japan or not, it's merely influenced what i'll be doing in my free time.

P.S.
Also... it's a plant, it grows, you cut it, you smoke it. That is all. No laboratories or extensive chemistry knowledge required, plus it's safer (health-wise) than cigarettes and alcohol, that's also probably why it's been used in nearly every religion and culture for thousands of years.