View Single Post
(#275 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
OK first off, I'm not sure where in this thread personally attacked people another race for being an inadequate partner. And I will answer for myself when I say that no your skin tone does not make you any less of a human or mother. And to me personally it does not matter what skin tone you have to be my partner. But i still stand other statements made here, that just because you are not physically attracted to someone, this does not make you racist. And I fear that you are playing the victim here and in this world. Many people suffer racism, however you make it seem that you are the only one to have ever experienced racism, like its you against the world. And I know many people like that, from multiple races who will analyze everything to the death in order to pull out something "racist" and throw it back into the other persons face. And this to me is a problem, yes racism exists today. But it is not as one sided as it used to be. Like you said it is 2009, racism I feel, is felt by many people and many races. And I do not feel like it is as prevalent as it used to be. I have felt racism, and I have seen racism. Do I like it? no, not at all. But I do not feel the need to go looking around for it and calling out every hint of it I see. I thought the idea was to create unity by forgetting skin tone, race, culture. Or at least this is what I would prefer. But the thing I always notice with people in your mindset, that instead of blurring the line, you make it more noticeable and in your face. And in my opinion making it worse, because in the end you seem more racist (whether you are or not). By always calling out differences between you and the person you are conversing with. And to some of your other stuff. Like TV portraying white as the only good thing. Are you insane. It actually took me a second to think about this because I never really thought about it as a white or black competition, but I have to say that its ridiculous. There are just as many (in my opinion) wealthy successful African American actors and stars as there are white stars. And to think that there are not is to be ignorant.

And I'm not sure what your getting at about the fair skin being a sign of good and tan or darker skin a sign of bad. I'm pretty sure st. Thomas is the same as here, most people I know want to get tan. I don't know many people who want to stay pale ( I am one who wishes to get little sun). Why are tanning salons so popular if everyone is trying so hard to stay pale? I don't know how you can use this as an argument here in the US at least. I have never once heard someone compare tanning to becoming more African American or vice versa for people wanting to stay pale.

Sorry for this rant, I jumped around a lot mostly because I kept thinking of different things to say. And I do not intend to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

And lastly St. Thomas is an awesome place.
But the bolded part is not what you originally said. You said that it was not racist to not be attracted to black people.

I get the feeling that mercedesjin's defensiveness comes from others lack of ability to communicate in English properly.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 06-18-2009 at 12:51 PM.