Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

06-22-2009, 04:39 AM

To the above...

Let me google that for you

Lulz.

Now, for the sake of everyone else...

Yes, there apparently have been talks about a live-action GitS, and the company Dreamworks is apparently planning to do it.

Honestly, I don't think they'll do to bad. They did do Transformers, after all, and I don't know a single person who hates that movie.

As for Hollywood doing anime movies as a whole...

I REALLY wish they would stop. I mean, live-action may draw in bigger audiences and everything, but when the only thing that IS drawing in audiences is big booms and bigger boobs, that's not going to lead to an interest in anime.

It's actually rather counter-productive, because many of the people that go to those movies and haven't seen the original expect the original to be more like the movie, so they dislike the original.

There are a few exceptions, but all I can say is that if they ever do Fullmetal Alchemist, Air Gear, or a few others, I will purchase a plane ticket to Hollywood specifically for the purpose of kicking the entire cast and crews ass if they screw it up.

EDIT: Oh god... Transformers WAS mostly big booms and bigger boobs... Well, I don't know what to say now...

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Last edited by Altaru : 06-22-2009 at 04:53 AM.