View Single Post
(#111 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
Thats what I am trying to say though. There doesn't always have to be some underlying reason. People can just like what they like, for no apparent reason. I have never heard someone say there has to be an underlying reason why you think someone is attractive, beyond the simple fact you think they are attractive. Like we have been saying you cant always put your finger on it. And I can think of situations where people are really good friends, they have lots in common, but they aren't attracted to this person. They know this person for real, know how they really are and act. But they can still be unattractive to this person based on physical appearance. These situations have nothing to do with stereotyping based on looks. And this is just an example this can widely be used. And along the lines of people saying they like a certain race based on looks, I have also heard people say they aren't particularly fond of the way a race looks or say in general they aren't attracted to, lets say Asians. They don't always know the race to base a stereotype off of. They don't know any, they just aren't attracted to this person.

again it is unfair to say asians as a whole because it does imply you like every single one. Im just using it becuase it is a common way of saying it.

And I still stand by this in saying, that just becuase you don't find someone attractive it cannot be labeled as racism.
There is always a reason. Physical attraction is a psychological thing. Even if it's as simple as "society conditioned me to think that blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful," there will ALWAYS be a reason. Then, you can start to think and analyze WHY society would want someone to think that blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. You don't hear about it often because people don't usually think about these things, and don't LIKE to think about these things because they delve deeper into the subconscious. Why do you think no one has answered my question, "Why do you like Asians?" No one will answer because they don't want to think about it.

It's the same with finding certain people unattractive. I can think of an example of this right now. I have a friend that thinks ALL white men are ugly. She would NEVER be attracted to a white man. When asked why, she said that she believes white men aren't good at sex. It's a stereotype.

I can think of a reason why some people aren't attracted to Asians, based on what I've heard people say. People have said that Asian men have small - well, you know - and because of that, they wouldn't want to have sex with Asian men. I've heard people say that Asian women don't have big enough breasts, and so they aren't attracted to Asian women. These are stereotypes also. But, hey, let's think about it even further: why would these people want bigger penises and bigger breasts? I think one reason is because society has taught us that men are more masculine if they have bigger penises, and women are more feminine if they have bigger breasts. Perhaps those people are looking for masculine men and feminine women.

I'm not going to get into the argument of whether saying one race is ugly is racist or not.

LOVE: pass it on