View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-05-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
I have some similar issues with my own father, who thinks that because I'm interested in another country, that means I don't love my own culture. It's completely possible to love and learn from more than one culture.

I don't know how old your father is, but I know mine is from a completely different generation. My advice is to just ignore him.
One thing I'd just like to add here quickly, is to never ignore your dad (or mother for that case). They might seem quick to react, and protective at times, but they're like that for a reason. Whatever age you'll be, your parents will always look out for you.

Now-a-days, I take my mums perceptions very seriously (albeit, sometimes, I do brush them off) because she can see things, that I can't. You can date whoever you want to, but don't ignore your father. That's asking to run into a swamp of mistakes.

Quote:
Lucky. Most dads I know freak out if they have a daughter who has a love interest. x_x
Haha, most do, aye. That's because they've grown with you since you was that small little baby girl, and most of the time, they still see you as their "princess". Most dads will panic, until they see this boy, and judge him as worthy. So, if you make the right choice, your father will soon follow, don't worry.

(To be honest, if I have a daughter, she'll have a hard time finding a right boy, because I have this stern sense of what a young boy should be. So the smallest hint of an attitude would be instant fail in my eyes :P)

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -