View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Th4RLdeal (Offline)
New to JF

07-08-2009, 03:17 AM

Well, I probably have the most bizarre take on this movie possible. I found it very entertaining...

BUT I REALLY REALLY HATED IT at the same time.

Why? Well, as a movie it's... MEH. As a movie about giant robots hitting eachother it's fun to watch. But as a Transformers movie... It failed epically.
I am a Transformer fan since I was four. I spent the last two years looking forward to seeing Arcee (the red motorcycle) and Sideswipe (The silver Corvette) in action. And then they were in the movie for about 1 minute total, and the "Twins" got all the screen time; even eclipsing Bumblebee for a few minutes.
I spent the last TWO YEARS waiting to see Megatron come back from the dead. And now he's kind of a wuss this time around. So basically the three characters I was excited to see get the "short end of the stick".

To make a long story short, MMM; you really said it best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think it takes more than giant robots blowing things up to justify a 2 hour and 20 minute run time, and to me there wasn't a whole lot more than that going on.
Optimus Prime's pretty cool though. Ya know... UNTIL HE... (Just kidding! Optimus is really cool.)

oh, one more thing before I go to bed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
...I noticed that you put "color" in quotation marks. I don't know if you did that on purpose to kind of hint at an issue of the movie... but either way, I've read some pretty interesting articles describing a couple characters in the movie that are racist stereotypes.
Whoops... Well... I actually didn't mean it to sound like that... (I usually put words in quotation marks when I feel like I'm using them out of their usual context) But in all truthfulness: YES. The "Twins" actually could easily be construed as offensive.