Thread: dad vs. me
View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ani (Offline)
New to JF

dad vs. me - 07-09-2009, 07:15 AM

well i am 19 and pretty much about to leave the "nest" and my dad claims that he doesnt care who i like, but obviously he does. i also agree he's acting the way that he is because he doesn't want me to get hurt, but he also knows that im a nonconformist and i like making what seems to be the impossible, possible i and love being different. and hes also giving me a hard time because i just moved back with him to go to school and he believes that im influencing my younger brothers. he thinks this because my oldest younger brother is starting eat with chopsticks and like asian girls and pretty much stuff that i like or do. and i dont think that theres anything wrong with him enjoying another country like i do. but my dad thinks that im making him small minded and making him think that the asian culture is better then his own heriatage. i on the other hand, dont think thats not the case at all. my brothers 11 and exploring another heritage besides his own, and i dont think theres nothing wrong with that. does anybody agree with me?? and how should i handle the situation?? i dont think that loving the asian culture on the low will solve anything because my brothers already know that, so its no secret. . .