View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

07-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Funny. For me, I rarely use heat since I like cold, as it's easier to warm up, than it is to cool down.

At times, since the rest of the family needs the heater in the winter, I usually close up my vent, and crack my window, and it could be 40 out. For me, anything below 80 is ideal. lol 70s work nice for me as well.
You're also not used to walking around in shorts on Christmas Day or seeing less than an inch of snow only every five years. I haven't adjusted, and after 24 years of living in one of the hottest states in the Union, I doubt a year and a half in Japan is going to have made me adjust!

The amount of snow in Japan floored me. Driving in it was frightening, and the fact my schools (I live in the mountains) have so much snow they have DORMS attached in case we get snowed in was just surreal. On the flip side, I finally had to have a real snow ball fight for the first time in my life. If that much snow showed up, the entire state would shut down. Schools sure as heck wouldn't be open!