View Single Post
(#106 (permalink))
Old
MightyFlameboy (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2009, 05:22 PM

The grass is always greener on the other side. Humans always covet for things which he/she can never seem to obtain in reality. I know that feeling because I'm currently experiencing that phenomena. But I wouldn't go so far to call it racism. I would just say it's all part of one's own personal preference.

I'm a Chinese living in Singapore, and I only have eyes for Japanese girls. I don't even pay attention to local girls. Am I racist towards my own race? Of course not! Regarding love, everyone has their own ideal notions about it, so their opinions might sound a little selfish, in this case towards other races besides Japanese, but everyone is entitled to their own dream fantasies, no?

But it's not for the typical superficial reasons which most guys would have (although I must admit their general good looks is definitely a factor), but it's just that I've become so intrigued by their culture and way of living, and I subconsciously want to be part of that lifestyle, preferably alongside a good-looking Japanese spouse.

On the other hand, I would have to agree that my narrow perspective has caused me to neglect girls within my immediate surroundings, where getting together with a good local girl would be more realistic. But I'm not in a hurry to get hitched, and I intend to work in Japan in about 4 years' time, so I'm keeping my options open, and if possible, create opportunities for the ideal relationship I would want to be in.