View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
BjornTobyWilde (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Hehehe, where do I start? It is difficult for me to write it in a funny way.

They call this place the "Land of Smiles"; smiles are all fake here, they just want your money.

They brag about being so polite people; I refuse to go to KFC, McDonalds or Burger King anymore, simply I am sick of people pushing in front of me in the line. It is funny, but, as soon as you tap them on the shoulder and look them in the eye then they back off, so they knew what they were doing. They only have manners when eye contact is being made, like a dog. Another example of poor manners whenever they don't have to look you in the eye is driving on the road. Ihave been intentionally pushed off the road on my motorbike and into the gutter before by people in utes. Not polite at all.

You can also go to jail for spitting here, as it is considered dirty. This is funny, because it is not uncommon they share saliva covered spoons with each other when eating, anyway.

Just stuff like this. They claim many things about themself, and are such proud people. Really, it is a complete mess.
Wow, sounds a bit harsh Tenchu! Daily life in Japan is actually pretty sweet for foreigners IMO. Sounds like Thailand's a lot tougher. Hey, at least people smile even if not everyone means it. We brits don't even pretend to like each other, even if we're working in shops and being paid to be nice!