Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
07-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rri View Post
Hi guys!

First of all, thank you for your time and advice! I guess I may have been a bit hasty on thinking about getting it done in Kanji, thinking it could most likely be easily translated, just like Norwegian and English (I'm Norwegian) I can see that this isn't the case, so I suppose I should reconsider and do some more research.

@ alanX: The thing about getting it in a concealed place is that I want to see it everyday as a reminder. Without becoming to emotional, I used to struggle a lot with depressions and anxiety. That is why I liked the latin phrase. The reason why I thought it may be a good idea to get in in Kanji was to incorporate my interest in Japan into it. The way MMM described it to me was actually appealing. The part about it looking incomplete. This is because I'm not done with it all, and when I am I want it as a reminder of the way to get there.

@ JackIsLost: No, I will not get that, as it has no significant meaning to me. Yeah, cool imagery, cool story, but I can't link to it personally.

If you were to read
星へ
by itself, what would that mean? After the little I know I read it as 'to the star'
i think you should take an elementary japanese language course. after that you will realize that is an incomplete sentence. hard to describe because i'm only elementary level. i was joking about the nine tail demon seal on your belly, i was just comparing how utterly pointless it is to get something you don't understand.

Edit: i just showed my JAPANESE girlfriend 星へ and she says it's so freakin' dumb. "sounds like you are going to die soon, because we think that when we die we are going to be the stars." so... yeah... it's not complete so nobody knows what to think but assume.

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun

Last edited by JackIsLost : 07-14-2009 at 01:09 PM.