View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I find beer flat out disgusting (sorry to those who love it) as does my husband so we rarely do that sort of course and just order something stronger from the start if we order alcohol at all.
Hah, I can't nomihoudai beer either. Too much liquid and too much fizz. I just stuck to umeshuu at those times. >.> admittedly that leads to a lot of umeshuu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
Not to mention that's like the nastiest place on earth. Apart from Sam&Dave's, which is also downright nasty. Ugh. >_>

I'm a Guinness man through and through, and I've only found one place with Guinness on tap in Kansai so far, and that's in nara for ¥800 a pint, so it's not even worth it.
Club Pure is a bona fide skanky gaijin dive. Basically where all the american guys of the "we can DRINK LEGALLY-whoa-my-god-let's-get-trashed" mentality go and pick up drunk japanese girls, and the foreign girls get letched at by dirty drunk guys.

GTJ, for the love of the stout, do not try japanese Guinness. It's really watery, doesn't have that nice creamy texture and doesn't even taste like Guinness. The preservatives are pretty noticeable in the taste as well. Very tragic.