(#263 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Huh? That doesn't make any sense.
I'm making sense.. you just can't understand it. You either have a short attention span or you can't read. Lee Kuan Sew.. the guy from Singapore who you dismissed... has the same opinion concerning Asia and Democracy as you. You see how that makes sense?

Quote:
Now you assume? How desperate you are. No, I'm more of a person who knows both worlds, unlike YOU.
I assume? You don't even know who Lee Kuan Sew is!!! All you know is he's from Singapore. On similar grounds (You said you were Canadian) I made a similar assumption!

Quote:
Because I don't think like you? Do I have to be like you? Do I have to think like you?
No it's kind of ironic because liberalism (which is what modern democracy is founded on) encourages the exchange of ideas... and the guys who argue what you're arguing... are taking part in this exchanging of ideas... in democratic societies usually (Well apart from the Chinese academics.. interestingly enough.. exiled or expatriat Chinese academics tend to agree with me so that says a lot too).

Quote:
You know, you're a terrible debater. And it only means you don't really respect your debate opponents in the first place.
This is hardly a debate... I mean it was at first when I was being civil. Now it's just me schooling you and losing my patience because you're not listening or not capable of understanding my points.