(#25 (permalink))
Old
xneehux (Offline)
New to JF

08-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
The main problems people have are:

- There have been several posts in the past about "What is the kanji for 'X' so I can get a tattoo of it". Almost as many as the one-shot 'what does X mean' posts, who never return to thank those who helped.

- Its hard to get a kanji tattoo done correctly. You may go in asking for one thing, but unless the artist fully understand the kanji (in both meaning and in the caligraphy of it) the chances of you getting exactly what you were going for are slim. **Edit: MMM's post(s) above really point this out

- Last of all, some people do look at it as an insult to the language. Kind of 'objectifying' it, since you only know what it means because someone else told you.

Thats why im on here, if i wanted i could have gone and got it done today without full knowledge of what it actually means. And who said i wouldnt thank anyone? I've already thanked someone who helped me , and i will thank the next person who helps me. I knew what i wanted from the start, I just didnt want a sentence so a symbol was perfect.