(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
I was looking at the rules in the General Discussion, and I see that it says "no sexism." Ideas of what's sexist differ in culture to culture. For example, some might not think it's sexist to say, "women belong in the kitchen," while to others that's extremely offensive. Since this is an international forum, I think it's important to define what sexism is in the rules.
If there are flames and insults being hurled based on someone`s gender, it is sexism. If it is an honest cultural difference, the person making the problematic remarks should be able to comprehend that they are offensive to some and avoid talking that way. (They will be pmed about the content.)

Quote:
Also, a question if anyone's willing to answer - why is it against the rules to discuss sexual orientation?
Because religious discussion is against the rules. There has NEVER been a discussion of sexual orientation which has not come to discussions of morality, then religion, then flaming of a religious nature. It is not a discussion that can stay within the bounds. It ALWAYS turns into a flaming hurtful debate.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.