Thread: The N-Word
View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
Oh, after reading the rules a little more closely, I realized that it's definitely against the rules. Also, the OP uses the word "nigger" on page 9.

(Sorry to post about this twice.)

The only use of "nigger" is in reply to a specific question you asked - it`s not being used in an offensive manner. I don`t see the need for "negroes" in the first post, but it is NOT being used as an insulting way. When it is used as such, or if anyone decides to toss around insults, I will take action. - Nyororin

Just to quote the rules in the General Discussion:

"2.2 Racism, sexism and cultural intolerance of any form or shape is forbidden. Usage of terms such as "Japs" and "Niggers" will not be tolerated and will result in a ban."

There isn't much detail given about whether it ought to be considered offensive to you, as a mod, or to me, as a member. To me, as a member, it IS offensive. In addition, the rules say that if the terms are used, they will result in a ban. The words were used. I would like to see a fair result.

I'm kind of hoping that another mod, a mod that hasn't had any arguments with me in the past, would look into this issue and deal with it fairly...

As I said, when the word is directed at someone in an intolerant way, action will be taken. The statement "The word Jap was used to insult people." would not be something that deserved a banning, even though it uses the word. Now if someone were actually CALLING someone that, then appropriate action would be taken. It has nothing to do with how I or anyone else thinks of you, or any exchanges in the past. Please check 6.1 in the rules if you cannot accept my judgement without something in writing. - Nyororin

To quote, once again:

"What's up, negros?"

There. He called me a negro. He called everyone a negro. If he meant it as a joke, I personally don't find that very funny.

I wonder how this would be handled if someone said, "What's up, Japs?"

I really would like some other mods' opinions on the issue.

I doubt that mine is the opinion you are looking for, but I agree 100% with Nyororin. Talking about the word and using the word in an offensive way are two different things. -MMM
Considering I cant chat about it in the thread it was posted in.

Stop being butthurt, you annoy too many people by doing so, suck it up, theres worse things on the internet, trust me.

Talk to the KKK and tell me the word negro is meant to be used as an offensive term while used in an intelligent conversation.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you