Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek42 View Post
I think you mean HAVE...
Yeah, exactly. Thanks.

BoyFromTheFuture: Why don't you think genocides can occur in "developed" countries? Why don't you think it's possible for the USA to become "undeveloped"?

The problem with that is that beauty is often brought by racist ideals. If a society is racist, then of course everyone is going to think one race is more beautiful. Unfortunately, that's at the cost of the the child's self-esteem. It was heartbreaking to watch these children say that they're not beautiful because they're not white.

Hopefully, there will be a day where racism doesn't exist. You and I could ignore it, but that doesn't change the fact that - today - parents are still teaching their children things like, "Blacks are inferior," or, "Whites are racist." We can ignore it, but it's still going to continue.

Might as well have these discussions and discourses, then, in order to try to stop racism. For example, it was only when I had a discussion about it that I realized I suffered from internalized racism, and that I became aware that I need to make a change. If I didn't have that discussion, then I might have taught my children something racist, and it would've continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Didn't we just F*CKING go over this?
They weren't slaves for generations - certainly not as long as the slaves taken from Africa. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.