View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hoshi342 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Hoshi342
08-14-2009, 06:08 AM

heyy i just got back from japan & it was amazing! besides the cities you are visiting, Nagasaki would also be a nice place to go. it mostly on the water & while you're there you should go to the Nagasaki Bomb Museum. it is very memorable.

and i am very proud to say that i have climbed mt fuji not the entire thing, of course haha ^.^ what i did (and it seemed easiest, i dont really know because i was traveling with a large group so it was ideal) drive up to the 5th station, which is the highest place you can go on the mountain by car, and it is approximately a 45 minute drive up the mountain on a windy road. there im sure that they do tours (we had 2 awesome tour guides who could speak english!). we climbed up to the 6th level from there. the climb up was mostly uphill andthe trail is all rocks & sand. at the 6th level there is a gift shop & a vending machine (drink a lot of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). after the 6th level we walked to the biggest crater on the mountain, which was relatively close, and we even got to go in it then we walked back. be careful on the way back down..you dont realize how steep the trail is until youre practically sliding down it! im afriad that i dont know anything about cost or if you have to book in advance..but it would defianely be a fun experience! :]