Old
mamamam (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunker View Post
or you could pop round to larry ellison's house:

The Real Estalker: Larry Ellison's Japanese Freak Out

i do hope you guys have a good designer, because it is so easy for the japanese style to be done very badly. if possible i would look around your area for a minimalist interior decorator or architect,.... i think they would b more likely to translate the feeling instead of just the style.

and from looking around my living room in an old japanese house right now, the details and the joints are very important, its almost constructivism in that they dont hide the joints, but they display their workmanship in the intersections of columns and beams.

also the colour scheme and the contrast between soft and hard materials like fabic or paper on the sliding doors, tatami vs exposed timber work.

Thank you Trunker, i still do think i´m able do design it by myself (i´m the interior designer), but as i do have little experience with japanese houses, i´m collecting the informations and experience. Trunker, would it be possible to place somewhere few illustrations of the things you were talking about? For example SeeMyLiving - Welcome is easy to use.

Thank you

Regards

Robert