View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
mamamam (Offline)
New to JF

09-15-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunker View Post
thats quite a cool site and yeah i'll try and post something.

i'm sure you can do it yourself, but i thought you might be doing a whole house so you would be looking for a designer. my mistake.

the pictures rafif put up are very good and should give you a feel for what you are after.

i think apart from the wood work, pay attention to the colour scheme. not the actual colours themselves but the ratio of light to dark colours, so if you look at the pictures, you'll see the structural things are the darkest, and it all gets lighter from that.

tatami will probably be much too expensive and since you already have nice wood floors i dont see the point of tatami unless you really want them. you could put a nice rug down, then get a low table and cushions, and the rest can be work on the walls and ceilings of the room.

something like fake timber over the existing columns and beams, maybe wood ceiling, stuff like that.

Thank you very much Trunker, it´s worth to hear from anybody native. But anyway, since the house will be totally new i have to think also about the floors, do you know the approximate price per square meter of tatami floor?
Looking forward to see you at SeeMyLiving.

Thank you

Regards

Robert