View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-18-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
All laws? Germany had a law to report Jews and other "undesirables" to the SS. My relatives died there for refusing to obey this "law". The law isn't always right and I am willing to bet that they didn't end up in Hell.
All major religions used Cannabis in their rituals, including Christians. More people have died from drinking too much water than Cannabis. "Judge not lest ye be judged", allow others to make up their own minds without twisting the Bible to be used to further your beliefs against anything (sorry for using that quote, but it fits).
And Burkehartdesu is correct with his information.
I'm very sure your aware of the bible also teaching that when authority directly contradicted the commands of God i.e. reporting Jews to the SS, that we do what's right. I'm not debating wither someone ends in hell or not (completely not the point and does nothing more then make hard feelings i.e. troll bait), do not bring unrelated subjects into this.

Acts 5:28-29
saying, "We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this man's blood upon us." But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.

Acts 4:19
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

HOW did I twist the bible, do not make a accusation without backing it up, buddy.

That said show me where I was wrong, then you will have a case that my information is incorrect. Making a statement does it make it factual, we are not dealing with opinions here.

"Judge not lest ye be judged". did I judge anybody? Did I condemn someone for using cannabis, I do not think not. I gave passages, and explained ones which where used to support a position the bible clearly does not. Let me be very clear here, explaining something does not make one judgmental, nor does it mean I'm judging someone.

I really don't see how the phrase "more people die of drinking water, then cannabis" relates to this, at all.

It wasn't Burk information ether, he copied pasted something from the website I gave in my first post (without citing it), hence the reason I put that there.

Perhaps you missed this segment of my post also

Christians are allowed to choose what to do what they want, but WILL suffer consequences.

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another

1 Peter 2:16
Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God

1 Corinthians 6:12
"Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

2 Peter 2:18-19
For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error, promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited by solemnclockwork : 09-18-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: left out a part