View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Hello, thanks for the help! I understand a lot of new things today!
You have right, I should start to translate more simple things, but I have the necessity to translate these things, because I following the blog of this person who post these entries.. but at the same time, I'm study and translate more easy phrase too .
The problem that sometimes my translations sound more bad is because english is not my first language ;__; to translate in italian I'm a little better ...

I have some little doubts :

[quote=Nagoyankee;782513]1)
本日はベースのTAKAMOTOくんとご飯しました

today Mr. Takamoto of the bass , cooked rice (??) Cooked rice? No. The speaker and TAKAMOTO had a meal together.

Ah... I see, I was confused because the vocabulary tell "cooked rice or meal"... sometimes I did mistake that I could evitate... if I think about it, I realize that the more proper word to use in this translation was the word "meal"..

たまに女の子と勘違いしてドキっとしてしまうことがあ ります・・・
there's times once in a while when he's misunderstood for a girl...
Sometimes I mistake him for a girl and my heart pounds.
The "ドキっとして" mean the sound of heartbeats? xD so that's why his heart beats? I image is more a joke -way to say things?

抹茶をたしなんでおられますね
he have taste the powdered green tea eh (??)
He has a taste for podwered green tea.

"おられます" mean "to have , to be"?

-------------------------------

2) This confuse me a lot how to translate:

昨日夜は久しぶりに会う方々と食事をしたのだけど(男 方です)
いろいろと考えさせられる事が多くて自分自身もっと努 力しないといけな
いと強く思った
yesterday night after a long time I had a meal with a person but (is a man) and was discussed many things I think more great not effort on myself and arrangments and more than that ???

He met more than one persons (方々).
Where does it say "disucussed many things"?

I would have write "to think many things" too, I don't know why I put the word "discussed"

"Last night, I had a meal with people whom I had not seen in a long time (all male) and it made me think many things. I felt strongly that I would have to
work harder."

昨日夜は久しぶりに会う方々と食事をしたのだけど(男 方です)
いろいろと考えさせられる事が多くて自分自身もっと努 力しないといけな
いと強く思った
Here with the word "努力しない" I thought that the translation was "not have doing a great effort" is not a 'non existent' of something the "ない" ? That's what confuse me

And this:
歌と全力で向き合って自分の心の奥にも光を降り注げる ような歌をうたいたいで
すね

I don't think you understood the structure of this.

Yes, totally I didn't understood... that's was really hard for me , I see..

"By tackling singing face-to-face, I would like to become able to sing songs that could pour light deep down in my heart (as well as others')"

-----------------------------
3) ヘビ柄
snake pattern Yes.

最近とってもとってもとってもとっても自分の中で
ヘビ柄がブームなのです
Since recently I'm very very very very in the boom of the snake pattern

Recently, the snake patten is so so so much the "in" thing among myself.

I have a question... maybe it's me, but I have this thing that I prefer that the translations will keep (as more as possible) a more similar structure and words as in the original phrase.. I don't know how to explain... I mean... the writer used the word "boom" that mean "in" I see, but what do you think if I would leave the original word that was "boom" ? If you would translate this phrase more similar possible, how it would be?

"Recently the snake pattern is so so so much the boom thing among myself" ?

"Recently, the snake patten is so so so much the "in" thing among myself

"もとって" mean "so" ? I was confused, because in my vocabulary there's not this

何故かなんだか見てると、ときめくくらい
I have a lot somehow for some reason I'm looking, ???

Before you ask someone, does your translation make sense to you?
I had no idea about that , that's why I wrote the words as it was, without adjust it.. you have right.. it don't have sense at all , sorry...

"For some unknown reasons, my heart beats fast just from watching it."

なんなんだろ
??? ???

"What is this?", "What could this be?" Talking about the mysterious excitement he gets form the snake pattern.

水晶と同じで なんか魅かれるようになったんだよね
for crystals is the same I reach the point that you are charmed by that
OK

--------------

Thank you again for the help! I really learn new things today! ^ ^

Last edited by munzy : 06-21-2010 at 12:09 PM.