(#482 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi. Koir, thanks as always.
Do Canadian TV stations broadcast British TV programs? Or, you watch them on the internet?
I watch them on regular television. The program I was thinking of was a science fiction series named "Stormworld". I can't understand what they're saying, partially because of the British way of speaking and the very bad audio the program uses.

As a contrast, I've been watching Sherlock Holmes episodes on Public Broadcasting and I have no trouble understanding what is being said. Interesting, since the English used by the characters is an old, formal way of speaking. The audio is well done, so that may play a part in it as well.

Quote:
English prepositions and articles are difficult to me. I may make mistakes in the future.
Could you kindly continue to help me?
Of course, Yuri.

Quote:
I’m not sure “I regretted my misunderstanding” is what I want to say.
‘ “I should have studied harder!” in my mind I regretted that I neglected my studies because I had made a mistake just before that.’ Do you understand what I want to say?
I didn’t think it was my misunderstanding at the moment. I think I didn’t know “e” because I neglected my studies.
Can “misunderstanding” mean “darkness”?
Ah. Perhaps "misunderstanding" in this case should be replaced with "lack of knowledge". That way, it would better fit the concept you're communicating in the sentence.

Revision:

"I regretted my lack of knowledge since earlier I had mistook “nose bleeding” for “a small amount of bleeding” during a phone call from a paramedic.

Quote:
“Ot” must be some other word, but I don’t know what it should be.

Thank you!
*embarassed chuckle* It's supposed to be "out". I misspelled it while typing, seems I still need to practice more with this laptop keyboard

Hope that helps, Yuri!

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"

Last edited by Koir : 11-13-2009 at 03:45 PM.