View Single Post
(#483 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-14-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
I watch them on regular television. The program I was thinking of was a science fiction series named "Stormworld". I can't understand what they're saying, partially because of the British way of speaking and the very bad audio the program uses.

As a contrast, I've been watching Sherlock Holmes episodes on Public Broadcasting and I have no trouble understanding what is being said. Interesting, since the English used by the characters is an old, formal way of speaking. The audio is well done, so that may play a part in it as well.
Hi.
That's interesting. You are able to watch them on regular television, and still sometimes you don't understand what they are saying.
Learning casual English expressions seems to be too difficult to Japanese. There seems to be too many ways which are differ from region to region

A Japanese TV station has broadcasted Sherlock Holmes episodes in an English studying program. That program’s English must be relatively easy to understand.

Quote:
Ah. Perhaps "misunderstanding" in this case should be replaced with "lack of knowledge". That way, it would better fit the concept you're communicating in the sentence.

Revision:

"I regretted my lack of knowledge since earlier I had mistook “nose bleeding” for “a small amount of bleeding” during a phone call from a paramedic.

Hope that helps, Yuri!
Thanks for your help, Koir!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP