View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-21-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Like their only intention is to please the male character, other female characters while being more normal are not a main part of the series but rather an "extra". It's hard to explain, it just seems every anime I watch (keep in mind I don't watch a lot of anime) they portray the female character always wanting to please the male character, or there is some underlying sexual tension between the character's that seems to be a far from realistic view of what a relationship may be. Where is the X-men of anime? Wolverine never saw Storm in the shower naked, or did I miss that episode?

I don't know of an Anime where this sort of unrealistic scenario and portrayal of women and relationships in general doesn't happen. It even happened in Death Note. I just don't understand why the same awkward scenarios are in everyy series, there must be something more to this that I am missing.

Maybe I'v just seen the wrong anime's, but every time I'v seen one it's been a random recommendation.
I don't that is true of EVERY anime series at all. It doesn't happen in Blood+, it's kind of the opposite in Rental Magica (one female lead tries to suppress her feelings and ignore the guy), it's also the opposite in Gantz, where the guy is trying to get the main girl's attention, but she innocently is using him. I didn't see all of Black Lagoon, but I don't think it happens. Doesn't happen in Bobobo-boBObobo.

I think it does happen, but not in all anime series, for sure.