Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Could you correct my English?

“A villa of Mito Kohmon”

Mito Kohmon’s real name was Tokugawa Mitsukuni (July 11, 1628 - January 14, 1701). He was a famous territory lord during the Edo era, and many TV dramas have been made using the “Mito Kohmon” name. As a result, almost all Japanese know about him.
I went on a trip to Ibaraki prefecture and saw his villa last Sunday. He lived there after he retired, and eventually wrote a history book. The villa has a large, beautiful garden and receives many visitors each year.

When I was a kid, children were always joking about Kohmon because the word has the same pronunciation as “school gate” and “anus”. Kids must still make this corny joke even now.

Thank you.

Tokugawa Mitsukuni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube - 水戸黄門 (主題歌) -♪ ああ人生に涙あり
YouTube - 水戸黄門・馬にまで馬鹿にされた代官
Interesting person you describe, Yuri. Sort of unfortunate that his well-known name has such differing and somewhat unflattering meanings, but English is the same way with "Richard" changing to "Dick".

Most of the revisions were done to shorten sentence parts to one descriptive word (specifically, the fact the individual was famous and many TV dramas were made about his life) or phrase.

Revisions such as these would not be possible without adequate information, which you have provided in the post. Very good work, Yuri, and I hope the trip to the temple was enjoyable and memorable!

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"

Last edited by Koir : 11-28-2009 at 05:17 PM.