View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Are you kidding me? You write about the expectation's of forum moderators as if they were Cardinalate, you seem to have (in the word's of the Joker) "some misplaced sense of self-righteousness"... Wait.. I get it now, you think of yourself as Batman (The Dark Knight) and JF is your Gotham City.. right? Therefore, in your mind.. the level of which you hold your status is justified.. your just making Gotham City (Japan Forum) a better place. If you (Batman) weren't here, it would be chaos..

Well in light of this epiphany I think I should thank you, in fact I think we should all thank you.. There should be a Kanji_The_wanderer (Batman) appreciation thread.

lol, ridiculous.
This is an over-reaction if I've ever seen one. There is no "sense of misplaced righteousness" at all in Kanji's post. Mods DO have a certain amount of power and a wrong group of mods can royally mess up a forum.

A Mod is simply someone that enforces the rules... All this talk about gaining respect through communication, participation and friendliness etc with users is all extra. The simple fact that someone takes their time to enforce rules is enough for me to give them their respect. I don't walk down the street and respect only the policemen that have a chat with me. The simple fact that the police exist and do their job is enough for me to respect the whole police force. Before someone says it, this however, doesn't immunise them from the possibility of losing my respect. Break a rule, or abuse your power, and I won't respect you or your work!