View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-13-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The thing is - intelligence isn`t "education". One can be intelligent without education, and vice versa. I assume this study isn`t referring to the actual IQ of the women, but rather how much education they have had.

I do agree that education does not mean that the woman has to be a work crazed anti-social rock. :P I am educated and believe myself to be quite intelligent, but I am not and have no interest in working at the moment... Even when I was, it was a means to get money and nothing more.

You`re right - that is something I didn`t really think about. A more educated woman has a lot more to base her choices of a partner on, and is likely to make a better choice...
Exactly, which is why it seems so bogus to me. As you say, a person can go through university with a degree and still come out dumb as a butt or else too emotionally wrecked to be a helpful life partner, male or female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
I think you took this a little too personally, to be honest.

And the question was directed at the people viewing this thread, because he asked if we agreed with it or not.

*hides behind a shield and awaits the second bombing raid*
Sorry, I hope you didn't think I was getting at you specifically. I wasn't really, it was just your quote defined what I wanted to reply to. I just find this whole assumption that smart women = educated women = bloodless stick women in suits with the personality of clawing menaces vs. blonde page-3 bimbos to be utterly stereotypical and divorced from reality.

But really I neither disagree nor agree. Smart people probably DO live healthier lives, which would help them live longer, but I don't think it is the choice in a smart wife over a dumb wife per se that causes this. Without seeing the actual article, there's a lot of holes in the premise of the research and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny given the information given in the thread.