(#34 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

12-27-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Are you sure about that?
The Uni I'm to join in '11 doesn't require any Hanja for the time in Korea - neither does the one I looked up in Sheffield.

Oh, and about the pronunciation; I'm lucky to be Danish. We share a lot of letter-pronunciations with the Koreans - this also makes eg. Japanese a lot easier.

Miyavifan@ There might not be an 'e' in Hangeul, but as komi says it's pronounced as '한글'

lself@ The pronunciations are VERY different, yes. And you can basically just compare Korean and Japanese by their letter-systems. Japanese has Katakana and Hiragana. Katakana for foreign words, obviously, but it's kind of the same deal with Korean hangeul. Koreans also have the Hanja system, which can resemble the Japanese use of Kanji - except Hanja is not as widely used. If that made any sense....
Are you going to the university as an exchange student, or will you be receiving a degree from the Korean university as a regular student?

I ask because there was no kanji requirement when I attended a university in Japan, but that was because I only spent a year there and got my degree from a university in the USA, not the Japanese uni.