View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

01-08-2010, 10:48 AM

The smaller boat moved into the bigger boat. You can see that clearly from the videos. He isn't reversing out of the way at all, like he claimed. He clearly moved forward.

It's not the bigger boats responsibility to get out of the way. The smaller boat had perfectly enough time to manouver out of the way, but he didn't. No doubt, because the person had no skill with boats, which is what I expect from the Sea Shepherds really.

The bigger boat cannot move out of the way, and stop it's course because it didn't have the time to.

Quote:
WRONG - YOU DONT KNOW BOATS

a boat is not a car. if you stop the engines, it wont just stop,

if you hit reverse it wont just reverse,
the wake indicates the direction of travel and thrust vecters only!

it shows the boat (gil) was traveling forward, at a Very low speed and was probably deccelerating and certainly was not turning.

i will say however that the gil's engines were not in "Full Reverse" but there are reasons for this, because you loose 90% control if you go from forward velocity and hit full reverse, (not a problem in open waters/ricvers,) but if you have another vessel nearby not reccomended
Forward and reverse is not the only way to move in a boat. This is from somebody who knows, and has experience.

They had stopped the engines, but were still drifting forward, into the way of the bigger ship. They could have easily turned to their right, and fully thrusted to move out of the way, since they were faster than the bigger ship.

But they didn't. That showed their intentions.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -

Last edited by Salvanas : 01-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.