View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-03-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
When a term like "facist crackdown in America" is used to describe the promotion of a smoke-free lifestyle, I call that dumping on America. It happens here way too often, and I call on it whenever I see it.
You are reaching.
None the less thanks for your public service announcement.

Quote:
Unlike the other activities you describe, there is nothing healthy about cigarettes. There is no safe use in moderation. That's all I will say about that.
Who said they are healthy for goodness sake.
But we all do things that are not healthy. Living in a smog filled city isn't healthy either, but some people don't like the country.

Quote:
Even if marijuana is legalized in the US, I would be shocked if it were legalized in Japan in 10 years. There is no organized or respected pro-marijuana movement like there is in the US. The attitudes about marijuana place it in the same catagory as meth or black tar heroin. It's not going to happen here.
Guess it depends on the groups you hang out with and where you live.
The idea that Japanese might have about Marijuana you paint here is probably right in most areas. That is just from lack of knowledge on the plant. The same ideas Jpaanese have that caffine, tobacco and alcohol, taking in moderation is also very acceptable on the same hand.

I think if the US legalizes it in some fashion I think Japan would soon follow. I get back to you about it in 10 years.