View Single Post
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Alcohol has zero benefits too then I guess.
Actually in moderation certain alcoholic drinks have been researched to have health benefits. I am sure you heard them, so I won't waste anyone's time list them here.

There is a "safe level" of drinking that doctors generally agree to for most people. There is no "safe level" of cigarette use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
LOL

"negligibly small" would be whatever is lower than what any enforcement can actually stop. They slump for a time, lower the standards, bam, "neglibibly small".

It's "negligibly small" in the US and all other countries, also. Because I said so.

They grow their own. It grows anywhere.
The rate of marijuana usage in Japan is far lower than the US or Canada. As Nyororin, punishments are severe and especially when famous people are busted it is a career ending event. Paul McCartney even spent 10 days in a Japnese jail for posessing weed.

It is not only the punishement that keeps people away, but social attitudes toward the drug, which are very negative.

From the Wall Street Journal:
While hard numbers are difficult to come by, marijuana use in Japan appears to be low compared with other countries. In a survey of 85,000 households from 17 countries published last year by the Public Library of Science, a nonprofit group based in San Francisco and Cambridge, U.K., only 1.5% of Japanese respondents said they have used cannabis, compared with 42% in the U.S. and 18% in Germany.

Last edited by MMM : 02-04-2010 at 10:36 AM.