LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Just a question, so tell us what you think japan will be like in ten years.
Maybe the playstation 4 will be out.
Maybe.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
02-04-2010, 08:08 AM

I'm sure that will be all around the world earlier then ten years.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
The number of people in Japan who use marijuana is negligibly small.
LOL

"negligibly small" would be whatever is lower than what any enforcement can actually stop. They slump for a time, lower the standards, bam, "neglibibly small".

It's "negligibly small" in the US and all other countries, also. Because I said so.

Quote:
Japan is an island, and importing illegal drugs here is difficult.
They grow their own. It grows anywhere.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
I'm sure that will be all around the world earlier then ten years.
Playstation 2 is still sold and it came out in 2000.
And is still a very popular console in 2010.
Playstation 3 2008 and its yet to even use its true potential.
Playstion 4.. I 'm thining 2018 at the earliest.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Alcohol has zero benefits too then I guess.
Actually in moderation certain alcoholic drinks have been researched to have health benefits. I am sure you heard them, so I won't waste anyone's time list them here.

There is a "safe level" of drinking that doctors generally agree to for most people. There is no "safe level" of cigarette use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
LOL

"negligibly small" would be whatever is lower than what any enforcement can actually stop. They slump for a time, lower the standards, bam, "neglibibly small".

It's "negligibly small" in the US and all other countries, also. Because I said so.

They grow their own. It grows anywhere.
The rate of marijuana usage in Japan is far lower than the US or Canada. As Nyororin, punishments are severe and especially when famous people are busted it is a career ending event. Paul McCartney even spent 10 days in a Japnese jail for posessing weed.

It is not only the punishement that keeps people away, but social attitudes toward the drug, which are very negative.

From the Wall Street Journal:
While hard numbers are difficult to come by, marijuana use in Japan appears to be low compared with other countries. In a survey of 85,000 households from 17 countries published last year by the Public Library of Science, a nonprofit group based in San Francisco and Cambridge, U.K., only 1.5% of Japanese respondents said they have used cannabis, compared with 42% in the U.S. and 18% in Germany.

Last edited by MMM : 02-04-2010 at 10:36 AM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-04-2010, 11:09 AM

I think in 10 years, Japan will open up it's borders (i.e. it'll welcome foreigners like America did/does(?)). Walking down a street in any city will seem like you're walking down any big city in Europe or America; there will be a great mix of ethnicities and culture which will just increase the phasing out of Japanese Culture until their new culture resembles that of the west more and more!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-04-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Actually in moderation certain alcoholic drinks have been researched to have health benefits. I am sure you heard them, so I won't waste anyone's time list them here.

There is a "safe level" of drinking that doctors generally agree to for most people. There is no "safe level" of cigarette use.
[/b]
As far as I know, it's actually been proven that the negatives out-way the positives of Alcohol, even in moderation (even with wine! The typical example is the Mediterranean and their diet including a glass or two of wine having a positive effect).

With cigarettes, there are SOME short term benefits, but again, the negatives greatly out-way the positives.

So actually, both cigarettes and alcohol are equally bad for you as both of far more negatives than positives, but the problem is, with Cigarettes (tobacco), everything is exaggerated, and alcohol, things are underplayed. Most people don't know that as long as you don't actually get cancerous cells, all the harm tobacco does can be reversed in time, and sometimes, this reversal actually makes your lungs better than before.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It is not only the punishement that keeps people away, but social attitudes toward the drug, which are very negative.
Exactly. And is there even a resource squandering equivalent of the DEA in Japan or is it just general police enforcement? I can say one thing. Illegal or not, in the US the drug business is big business for more than dealers.

LEAP - Law Enforcement Against Prohibition - Cops Say Legalize Drugs
(#29 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-04-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
As far as I know, it's actually been proven that the negatives out-way the positives of Alcohol, even in moderation (even with wine! The typical example is the Mediterranean and their diet including a glass or two of wine having a positive effect).

With cigarettes, there are SOME short term benefits, but again, the negatives greatly out-way the positives.

So actually, both cigarettes and alcohol are equally bad for you as both of far more negatives than positives, but the problem is, with Cigarettes (tobacco), everything is exaggerated, and alcohol, things are underplayed. Most people don't know that as long as you don't actually get cancerous cells, all the harm tobacco does can be reversed in time, and sometimes, this reversal actually makes your lungs better than before.
Drinking Alcohol And Benefits

Alcohol use: Why moderation is key - MayoClinic.com

Alcohol And Health

Risks and benefits of alcohol

I am not so sure you can simply say it has been proven that the negatives of alcohol outweigh the positives on an individual basis.

I don't think this idea that there are benefits is as true when it comes to smoking cigarettes.

Health Benefits of Smoking Cigarettes: Could Tobacco Be Good for You? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

To say that schizophrenics have a higher rate of smoking is somehow a form of self-medication seems to be a leap in logic to me. By that same vein we could also conclude that smoking causes schizophrenia.

Smoking cigarettes has short-term health benefits - Sci-Tech

Saying the damage done by smoking is reversable is very different than proving health benefits. We can recover from broken bones, too, but that doesn't mean breaking a bones has any health benefit.

Regardless, even if Alcohol has no health benefits and Tobacco does, that is not the general perception, and that is what influences the decisions of lawmakers.

I am not sure that you can conclude that Alcohol and Tobacco are equally bad for you...I have seen nothing to make me come to that conclusion, but again, that isn't the perception, and it is the perception that matters.

Last edited by MMM : 02-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

02-04-2010, 02:42 PM

In my dream future Japan they will have achieved the unachievable...

...brought out a worthy successor to Sonic The Hedgehog 3...

広島市は一番!
My Flickr