View Single Post
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

02-19-2010, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The only answer I can really give you is to live in a building that doesn`t offer entrances for insects, and to avoid leaving anything around that will attract them.
Basically, if you live in an older building with cracks and gaps, the only thing a screen or the like is going to block will be flies and most mosquitoes. The only "solution" I know of for cockroaches and centipedes is living in a new and well sealed building... Which isn`t really something you can do lightly.

Our place is a new building, concrete, no gaps, and still we will get the occasional small centipede coming through the drain pipes, and spiders will somehow manage to squeeze through the tiniest gaps at the base of the window screens (the tiny holes that allow water to escape). Gnats get in like magic, and mosquitoes will squeeze through any larger (slightly stretched, not torn or cut) holes in the screen.

No cockroaches or anything large though - a big change from when we lived in a wooden building where anything that could came in.
Thanks alot for that. Sucks to be an arachnophobic...

Centipeders and cockroaches are my least concern. But thanks for the tip!

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.