View Single Post
(#602 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-14-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
The sentence is correct. If you don't mind me asking, is that your situation?
Actually, no. I dance only three days a week.

Quote:
That is correct in situations where your location is important to the discussion (such as where to vote, or in competitions with other prefectures). In other situations, referring to yourself as a resident of the country (Japanese) is correct.
If I lived in Tokyo, what can I say? “Tokyon”? What about “Hokkaidoh”?

Quote:
I phrased it that way to make it identical to the previous revision explanation. In that case, the preconception was incorrect and you gained knowledge. Believing that young Okinawan people have the same preference in music as young Japanese people was the preconception you had, and it was proven correct.
My preconception was that young Okinawan people didn’t have the same preference in music as young Japanese people. I had believed that Okinawan people would like singing old Okinawan music which was never hit songs.
It turned out that Okinawan people like singing new popular music which is not Okinawan tune.

Quote:
Probably, as it can show that songs from a music genre that is mostly unpopular right now can become hit songs that young people will listen to. The subtext being that young people who do like these hit folk songs may investigate further and find they like other folk songs that don't become hits in popular music.
When I say folk songs, I mean old music and they are never hit songs.
I haven’t been able to imagine you would say “these hit folk songs”. These words are beyond my imagination. When we say “minyou”, we mean they are very old.
I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have written “folk songs”. That should have been “minyou”. I have made confusions.
I should have explained what “old Okinawan minyou” and “relative new Okinawan songs” were before the last post.

Quote:
Describing it that way may reduce confusion for readers unfamiliar with the term "folk songs", so it's a good idea.
Yes. My lack of explanation has made this confusion.

Quote:
Absolutely. You travelled there, so it's natural to think you'd remember exact street names and the story behind them.
Koir, thanks as always.

I think I need to rewrite “Trip to Okinawa last week”. I should consider well that you don’t know Japanese or Okinawan folk songs.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP