View Single Post
(#604 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-14-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Actually, no. I dance only three days a week.
*chuckles* I had to ask, or my subconscious would keep asking...

Quote:
If I lived in Tokyo, what can I say? “Tokyon”? What about “Hokkaidoh”?
I believe it would be "Tokyoite", but I don't think it's used much. As for what a resident of Hokkaido would be called, I have no idea.

Quote:
My preconception was that young Okinawan people didn’t have the same preference in music as young Japanese people. I had believed that Okinawan people would like singing old Okinawan music which was never hit songs.
It turned out that Okinawan people like singing new popular music which is not Okinawan tune.
Oh okay, Yuri. I seemed to have combined several preconceptions with your conclusion and thought it was just the preconception itself.

Quote:
When I say folk songs, I mean old music and they are never hit songs.
I haven’t been able to imagine you would say “these hit folk songs”. These words are beyond my imagination. When we say “minyou”, we mean they are very old.
I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have written “folk songs”. That should have been “minyou”. I have made confusions.
I should have explained what “old Okinawan minyou” and “relative new Okinawan songs” were before the last post.
Quite alright, Yuri. To be honest, that revision was made with the hope that old folk songs (or "minyou") could become popular in this modern, artificial music scene. Vocaloids...pfft.

Quote:
I think I need to rewrite “Trip to Okinawa last week”. I should consider well that you don’t know Japanese or Okinawan folk songs.
I'm truly sorry for the problems I caused, Yuri. On the positive side, "Haisai Ojisan" has effectively burrowed into my mind in such a way I still hear it now

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"