View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-27-2010, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Ok, fair enough. I misunderstood since you wrote about building the search engine.

As for the most current and or widely read posts, that's not exactly how google and all these other search engines work, but that's a totally different topic. I will say this though, there is a measure of control from Google and such on search results! However, it gets labelled as a brother of parental control, and not an infringement of freedom of speech/civil rights/whatever else people use to describe China's firewall!
But google isn't in charge of blocking youtube, twitter, facebook, and pretty much any free flow of information. Even the Chinese will tell you their closed internet isn't meant to inform, only entertain. Right now, it's not of much consequence (to outsiders), but the world will care when the brown hits the fan with this sheeple state if and when it "rises to power". For now, enjoy your bonbons and your cheap Chinese made goods.

Oh and it doesn't matter if google lost or "didn't gain". They were already losing due to the rigidity of the environment in that market. I seriously doubt the decision to leave was purely ideological. But it was a nice side effect.

Last edited by xyzone : 03-27-2010 at 03:12 AM.