View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post

A world wide goal to collect 403,000 plushies (400,000 for the rough estimate of those who dies in Hiroshima and Nagasaki- correct me if I am wrong- and 3,000 from those who died in 9/11. So asking everyone to chip into this goal, and I'm notsurewhere, but collect these plushies, and have a "kingdom" there, sorta like a tue reaching out to those people that shows how we feel and so even after the war is won, they are still remembered.

And no,I'm not doing this to be famous, I'd benefit just by achieving this goal, whether people know myname for it or not. This is to help hmuanity be able to understand pain, maybe cut down violence as well as understanding the past.

So I am humbly asking you older than myself, and actual Japanese people what your HONEST opinion of this is and any advice or criticsm you want to give.

と"も ありか"とう こ"さ"います!
I don't think you're going to get an awful lot of people donating plushies (which can be expensive) just to have them sat in a collection somewhere. I think you need to think about the economic factors. There's also a social factor. A lot of people nowaday's don't feel that concerned about Hiroshima. Other's feel uncomfortable about it and as nice as your gesture is, some might construe it as off. In the end, what will this demonstration achieve. People already leave thousands of paper cranes at the peace park. There's a lot of hiroshima awareness and victim sympathy/support. Not that I'm saying more is a bad thing, but what actual impact would your drive have on the people affected by the bombings? Awareness? People already use Hiroshima as a by-word for why A-bombs are bad.

A good charity drive has to take into consideration who will be donating as well as who will be receiving. The most successful drives make it Fun, Cheap, Quick and Easy for the donator. It also has an element of originality. Failing that do something yourself. Art is a good way to raise both awareness and profit for charity. And I honestly think it's of more worth to do something to help the myriads of people suffering TODAY than those who died over 60 years ago.