View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

04-05-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
You're still not answering a single question I've asked!

Why Japanse over French for general usefulness?

You said Germany's Economy. Not countries where German is spoken! In which case, it is NOT far bigger than France's! But my point is still the same on that. Big Economy doesn't = better job opportunities!

Dude, French is the second most taught language in the world after English. With regards to your last remark, 1st, I said spoke about Arabic with respect to me. I have no foreseeable future in any Arab country, 2nd I sense a bit of sarcasm, but WOW 22 Arab countries? French is spoken in 33 or 35 countries. French and English are the ONLY two languages spoken on ALL continents, so I don't know where you get your facts from, but French is GROWING and not because of an increase of population in Africa!

Surveys for international jobs showed that 47 required or preferred French, 29 Spanish, 10 Russian and 3 German.

So, like I said, if it's not for you, then just say that. Stop trying to justify to yourself or to us that French is a useless language because 1, you're wrong, and 2, it just makes you look stupid for taking 18 months to realise it!

I've said it a million times already, Japanese is more fun to learn, because it, unlike France, has a distinct culture. Japan can offer me something different from the European lifestyle, France can't. There's no French culture anymore, and it's pretty much useless as a business language.

Arabic is the MAIN language in 22 countries, French is the main language in 3-4 countries AT MOST. Even in the countries where it is an official language, like Switzerland, it's dying. It's not even the main language in Belgium. Its star is falling in Africa, because English is the business language of the world. It's dying in Spain. It's dying in England. Even in the African countries where it's supposedly big, only a minority of the people speak it. In Senegal 15-20% speak French, and that rate is falling.

French is declining as a language. Even the French are worried about the decline. And you'd seen it if you hadn't been such a Harki. here's a few links for you to read:

The Worldwide Decline of French

Speaking of Languages: The Decline of French | The Brussels Journal

The Hindu : Opinion / News Analysis : Another inevitable decline for French language

BBC NEWS | Europe | French unions wage war on words

French decline bad news for Quebec, group says