View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
I've said it a million times already, Japanese is more fun to learn, because it, unlike France, has a distinct culture. Japan can offer me something different from the European lifestyle, France can't. There's no French culture anymore, and it's pretty much useless as a business language.

Arabic is the MAIN language in 22 countries, French is the main language in 3-4 countries AT MOST. Even in the countries where it is an official language, like Switzerland, it's dying. It's not even the main language in Belgium. Its star is falling in Africa, because English is the business language of the world. It's dying in Spain. It's dying in England. Even in the African countries where it's supposedly big, only a minority of the people speak it. In Senegal 15-20% speak French, and that rate is falling.

French is declining as a language. Even the French are worried about the decline. And you'd seen it if you hadn't been such a Harki. here's a few links for you to read:

The Worldwide Decline of French

Speaking of Languages: The Decline of French | The Brussels Journal

The Hindu : Opinion / News Analysis : Another inevitable decline for French language

BBC NEWS | Europe | French unions wage war on words

French decline bad news for Quebec, group says
Ok, first of all, calling me a Harki is EXTREMELY offensive, so fuck you! My grandad died in the war and if you had a clue, the Algerian war of independense is still very fresh for many of us!

Seconldly, you haven't said a million times that Japanese is more fun etc!

Thirdly, I said FOR ME, Arabic is not a language I need! So, I don't care if it's spoken in 80 countries, if it's not a main language in a country I wish to settle down in, I don't need it!

Finally, have you read any of those articles? Most of them outline the decline of French compared to English... Here's a wake up call! Practically ALL languages are declining in demand compared to English! It's the WORLD language now! So, even your precious German and Japanese is declining compared to English!

Last edited by noodle : 04-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.