View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-22-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Are you aware that under Japanese law you are only supposed to be contracted via your dispatch agency for only one year? And that after that one year your BOE is supposed to hire you and pay you directly? All ALTs who work for the same dispatch company for over a year are being screwed. Your dispatch "agency" is taking about 1/3 of your money, and probably kicking back a little bit to the members of the BOE. Your annual contacts are worded in a way to them appear legal, but in substance, they are not.

This is ALT dispatch agency teacher-scamming scheme is another matter which is going to have to be resolved in the future.
I know all about inaku. I've investigated rocking the boat, I am a member of a union, and have discussed a plan of action quite thoroughly with the union and my coworkers. I am aware of the legalities, my rights, and what the BOE should be doing.

I make more than some of the JTEs. At the moment, given my good relationship with the BOE and the person through which the inaku is set up, and given the facts that my Japanese is still not where I want it to be to change over to a Japanese teaching license, and am quite comfortable financially... There just isn't a reason yet for me to lead the charge.

Trust me, I am quite informed as to the dubious system in place. Due to the tiny size of the company, I am not inclined to consider it a problem personally yet. If I stay in Japan much long, and I intend to, I will expect direct hire.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org