View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Canadian wont have the same problem a Latino will even if said Canadian is illegal its that pesky double standard again. My concern is for Latino US citizens who may be harassed over this law because they are Latino and happen to live in Arizona.
Probably the illegal Canadians won't; but illegals Canadians in Arizona isn't the problem.

There is no pretty end to this illegal problem, but the fact that peoples feelings are going to be hurt for having to provide / show Green Cards isn't a new law; it is a federal law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wish i had an answer there is no quick fix and the federal government has done nothing to solve the problem. I do believe that people should be able to immigrate here through legal means. I do not believe anyone has the right to be here illegally. But what im worried about the most right now is what will the backlash be from this bill. I have not read the bill yet so im not sure of all that it entails. I know here MD when a cop stops or pulls anyone over they are required to document every encounter including race. In the end Arizona is doing what they feel is best for their state and i cant fault them for that.
I agree also there isn't a quick fix. But failure to do nothing which the FED has continued to along with failure to enforce current law.

To All:

To those who want to read the bill:

LINK: Documents For Bill
LINK: http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

I see nothing in there about racial profiling.

This problem isn't going to be solved by waiting for the federal government.

In the end if Arizona and like states aren't even able to start here and ask for proof of identification the problem(s) will never be solved.

Much of the free world has this in place pretty much already.