View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoreyLynn (Offline)
JF Regular

04-28-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
First for info on the TEFL certificate, just google it. You should be able to find out on your own all that you need to know to get you on your way.

I have been in Japan for quite a while, and honestly your experience will be what you make of it. Your attitude, temperament, level of open-mindedness, and ability to look at things from other people's point of view will all play a key role in your level of happiness you attain here. I know this is a vague answer but your questions are a bit too broad. If you would like to know something specific about living in Japan please ask it.
Oh okay, sorry for the obvious-google-it-questions.

But really, thanks.
I was really glad that you put in that a person's attitude about a situation really helps.
I've read a lot of posts and such and hardly anyone mentioned that it's a person's willingness and state of mind about the situation that can make the difference.
So, thank you for that.
I mean, I realize that it takes a bit more than just a happy outlook to make it in a different country, but it's still nice to keep in mind.
: )

Also, I apologize for being so broad with my questions.

So questions I have about living in Japan are, that under a basic salary, are apartments/living conditions financially reasonable?

And, if you don't mind me asking, what do you, personally, do as a profession overseas?
How did you prepare your own life for such a transition?
And did you run into any "bumps" along the way?

How much do you recommend I put away before I try and make a "move" to Japan, even if I get a job lined up before I transition?
I'd like to have some sort of something to fall back on.

I'm sorry if you can't help me with these questions, but I appreciate your post nonetheless!
: )

BlissfulGold

~~~

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

---Marilyn Monroe