View Single Post
(#49 (permalink))
Old
CoreyLynn (Offline)
JF Regular

05-21-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
Gaijinpot is made of bitter old trolls that are pretty much entirely negative. "Japanese hate foreigners. Everyone will rip you off. You'll last a year before you get homesick and go home. If you think you have any chance of being put in a more professional position than a dancing monkey, I want whatever you're smoking, because it's a pipe dream, etc."

Glenski is also on Gaijinpot, and I would suggest applying to positions on Gaijinpot. I would also suggest asking specific questions once on the ground about specific restaurants, computer stores, where to get X or Y item, etc. For newbie help on getting a teaching position in Japan? Dave's ESL is nicer, more positive, has a lot more stickies, and has people willing to answer your questions that have been asked thousands of times before. I know, I am one of those "answer every question" types. As in Glenski.
The internet and its trolls...
: )
Thanks for the tip that Gaijinpot is a hot-spot for those.
I'll try to keep my nose out of posting on forums then, and stick to reading to learn what I can.

It's nice though; I've heard a lot of positive things about Dave's ESL on this site as well as a few others.

Haha, and I'm sure there are a lot of newbies like me, and more to come, who appreciate the "answer every question" type of person.

I can only imagine how frustrating it can get reading the same threads over and over, but posted under different usernames.
I'm much grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheistwithfaith View Post
Although primarily a site for JET applicants/current JETs ithinkimlost has a lot of very useful information - they have a non-JET subforum which has a lot of info about the relative pros/cons of the dispatch companies and eikaiwas.

ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum
And this is so great, I'm getting so many resources and sites to pick apart, haha.

If you find ANYTHING else-a link would be wonderful!
You guys have really helped me a lot so far and it means a lot.

But, if I come across any more questions, then I'll post them here.

BlissfulGold

~~~

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

---Marilyn Monroe