View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

05-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am still trying to figure it out myself. I don't think we were going to get answers to all the questions, as a lot of those questions were made moot by the idea that the island was a stop-off to the "heaven" by everyone that died on Oceanic 815.
I know, and I hate that they came up with all this strange events that somehow seemed crucial for the development of the story and its characters and we will never know why and how they occurred.

And about the whole idea about everyone being dead at the island, have you ever heard or read about a short story called "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"? In the fewest words possible, is about a Confederate sympathizer who gets capture and sentence to death by hanging. As his body begins to fall, the noose breaks, he swims unharmed and heads back home to meet his wife, just as soon as he begins to embrace his wife he some how gets transported back to where he was being hanged and dies at the noose. It seems the he never escaped the noose, it was all a part of his imagination.

Do you think that the same thing happen to the passengers of Oceanic 815?
That they really did not survive the accident and since they all died the same way, they experienced the same illusion of survival as a whole?
And that the Church/Alternative reality was merely a purgatory of sorts where they could all meet and move on as a whole?

That's what I think, I might not be correct but I'm sticking to my story dammit!

After all, the show ended exactly as it began, by Jack on the ground in the bamboo field. Only difference was that this time the dog kept him company.

Last edited by Adan : 05-24-2010 at 09:24 PM.