View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Cool thanks for replying back so quickly, I'm in the same boat as you.

I am also stayiing for 2 semesters (full Year)
I will hear back from my university sometime this week too. They will also sent me my student visa papers and let me know if I recieved the Jasso scholarship as well.

I recieved another scholarship and I have now covered all my expenses with money left over, but I am trying to figure around how much should I bring with me.
wow $10,000 to $15,000 for a year. I really hope I get that scholarship. I just want to make sure I am able to buy food,travel and have transporation.

I am trying to decide whether I want a prepaid cellphone or contact phone while im there...i might need to stick with a prepaid or rent cellphone.

I know hiragana, im learning katakanta, and 1st grade kanji...and i basicallly know how to have a very light conversation. I can ask alot of questions tho ^_^

I am definitely getting an electionic dictionary!

I was thinking about leaving earlier like in August to stay for a weeks in Tokyo before college, because I was going to stay with a friend but I'm starting to think that is a bad idea.... I need to perserve all the money I can.