Thread: Ambitions
View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-06-2010, 04:11 PM

some extremely interesting messages here. I think one has to be realistic and not want impossible goals-- but it is good to have an aim in life.

I had ambitions quite simple ones really, one was to breed dogs and compete in shows and breed champions. I did that for many years and was happy. My aim was to breed as near perfect animals as I could. Not always easy as NAture always has her own way and teaches us many lessons.

I have sold my dogs in several countries where they did well and gave much pleasure as companions. I wanted to own an Arabian stud farm as I adore those magnificent animals-- I could not do that so the dogs were a realistic answer.

I tried to climb mountains after Hilary and Tensing conquered Everest, then I realise I was a real wimp when it meant descending from the mountain. LOL.

Its great that GONATIVE can do his real love and ambition in Hokkaido. How many have that opportunity.

I wanted to bring my children up as well as I could, because I had no family of my own, I am quite proud of my family so did not make too many mistakes.

wanted to meet my mother but left that too late.

scottish dancing was my other joy in life. oh so much fun.

Iwish that you all achieve your ambitions. Life without a passion to follow can be rather dull I think.

Now I shall be trying to learn Japanese and understand its culture. I fancy going to hokkaido to see the ice sculptures.