View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
SqueakyRat (Offline)
JF Regular

08-14-2010, 08:14 PM

N'abend.

Quote:
The men harvest some vegetables. = Die Männer ernten einige Gemüse.
Almost, [einige] is incorrect. I was about to say [einiges] but now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure if that's correct either, it still sounds a bit weird. I have heard it enough times in similar cases (From native speakers.) and I myself would probably use it (As a native speaker.) but it might actually be incorrect from a grammatical viewpoint and we just get away with it in colloquial speech. I'm not sure. For now better use [ein wenig] or [ein bisschen]. Those two are correct.

Quote:
The men have harvested some vegetables. = Die Männer haben einige Gemüse geerntet.
Same as above.

Quote:
The landlord sells the fields to the men. = Der Wirt verkauft die Felder an die Männer.
A more fitting translation for landlord would be [Grundstückbesitzer] in this case.

You can also say [Der Grundstückbesitzer verkauft den Männern die Felder.] It sounds a little bit better I think, but your sentence is correct as well.

Quote:
The landlord has sold the fields to the men. = Der Wirt hat die Felder an die Männer.
Same here.

You can also say [Der Grundstückbesitzer hat den Männern die Felder verkauft.] And again, both versions are correct.

Your other sentences are all correct. I see you're making progress.