View Single Post
(#143 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Yup, i meant やっぱり=_=;。Hmm, I've never seen 学んで before. 読み方は何ですか?
学ぶ(まなぶ)だよ

「やっぱり」は英語ではどういう意味でつかったのかな ?

Quote:
Strange, isn't it? I don't know why; I guess because the cathedrals used to be powerful and important. :/
yeah sound like it. you know cathedral is another difficult word for Japanese to pronunce it!
Quote:
That's kind of sad. If you can't afford to do something, you shouldn't do it. Trying to wriggle out of paying is just wrong. >/
you know what?
Their case, I think they can afford it,
but they just simply don't want to pay in time.

It's so strange but people in this city... there are more than average numbers of people have that attitude... maybe they think it's cool? To be allowed to pay after (not really allowed though) means because you are special or something? I have nooooooooo idea.

A long time ago though I had a worst customer,
I used to teach 3 jr high school boys. One of them,well his mum went like... ,
"oh Im sorry I can't afford to pay this month I'm so sorry, can I pay you next month?"
she did it for 6 months...no paid at all... I was so tired, and actually hurt.
I told one of the mothers that I wanted to quit, cos of that.
and the mother got shocked and said " Oh they are rich! they just bought the brand new house about a few months ago. I can ask her to pay for you" but you know what? I was totally hurt when I heard that, then quit next week.
I felt so sorry for the boys, cos they enjoy exchaning letters with kids in USA cos they all play baseball, so we had a lot to talk about in common...
The other mothers called me many times to come back, but I couldn't.

sorry another whining.

Last edited by yumyumtimtam : 08-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.